Tuesday 20 November 2012

Editorial Face charts and experiments


Instead of using black for the tattoos on the face I've chosen white. I feel this look is based on the habitat of the Eskimo/Inuit. 


The blue I'm going to use is my pigment by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, it actually has quite a green shine/glow to it. I'm going to layer this with a golden shimmer to give it a warmer glow, like the sun is setting on the ice and sea. Also the glow will make the skin look very healthy.

Here are a couple of experiments.
In the first experiment photos the pigment looks quite purple, I think this is due to the lighting in the room I was in, however I still think it looks very effective.

First Experiment



Second 




I've added some white to the tips of the eyelashes, next time I want to add some white to the eyebrows.

I found a fantastic image of a man who's face is covered in frost. I might see if I can add some frost-like texture to the eyebrows and eyelashes, however I want it to be as safe as possible. I don't want sugar or fake snow falling into my model's eyes!!


I love the shape of the frost moving down the bridge of the nose!


No comments:

Post a Comment