Tuesday 23 October 2012

Catwalk Inspiration

A few of these Images touch upon some of the ideas I have floating around my head:


The white eyelashes representing frosted eyelashes and the frizzy wind-swept hair are both Ideas I've been toying with and want to go on to experiment with. I also think the sequins on the lips top of the frosty look perfectly.
"The collection is by Carlotta Actis Barone. She took her inspiration from cruelty against animals, particularily the slaughter for fur, and with special focus on seals. The colour palette is navy blue, beige and white and reflects the climate these animals live in". - http://superstarmagazine.com. I also want to use a colour palette that reflects the environment that Inuit tribes come from. Using paint I made a very quick little colour palette idea image. 



This is only a rough Idea of what I'd like to do.



I'm not particularly blown away by this look but the white "fluffy" bits in her hair are along the lines of the sort of thing I'm thinking of doing for my catwalk look.


Once again I'm seeing the same sort of colour palette that I'm thinking of using; Ice blues, white and then bright red. The hair is also fluffy and frizzy like the collection by Carlotta Actis Barone. This is Chanel A/W 2010.

Last but definitely not least:



Vivienne Westwood's men's collection A/W 2012. I can't quite believe that she has created this look because it's almost EXACTLY what I had in mind for the hair in my catwalk look, maybe using some glass clear beads braided into the hair instead of creating something that looks exactly like an icicle. I'm thinking of using a wig for my model instead of my model's actual hair because it may take a lot of preparation. I'm yet to experiment!  


No comments:

Post a Comment