Monday 1 October 2012

"Wild Kingdom"





First day back at University and we dive straight into our first project: Wild Kingdom.
Even though I chose a Tribal theme for my first ever project, Club Culture,  I'm still very excited!! 


My final piece, in the club culture project, was meant to be suitable for a particular artist and music video, I chose Kelis - Acapella, one of the most beautiful music videos EVER! Funnily enough we were shown this music video and Empire of the Sun - We are the people, as a starting point for our inspiration.



I previously developed Ideas around the roughness and imperfections of the make up/ materials people from tribes would use. I loved how cracks are created by dried up mud or patterns can be made by finger prints or wrinkled skin; these patterns are intricate and simple at the same time. 
These Images are from my Club Culture project:






Spring 2010 collection by Rodarte - The Dark Side of Beauty




They took inspiration from the singed Death Valley and "mangled and tattered black vultures". The models looked like they "crawled out of a volcano" - Burnt, torn and fierce.

Badwater Basin - Death Valley

      Devil's Golf Course - Death Valley


This collection is so beautiful and intense; easily one of my favourite collections of all time.



No comments:

Post a Comment