Monday 15 October 2012

More tribal inspired fashion



Behind The Scenes Numero # 124 Daphne Groeneveld from Greg Kadel Studios on Vimeo.

I'm really blown away by many of the tribal inspired shoots I've come across.
This particular shoot featuring Daphne Groeneveld is probably my favourite, although there may not be a great deal of inspiration taken from Arctic tribes I want to include this in my research because I love the shoot.


The "candy floss" like hair reminds me a great deal of the hoarfrost on this man's beard:

........


This image is from an incredibly stunning shoot by Rene Habermacher. It is a captivating look at Tribal wear with a modern and very dark twist. I'm reminded by the image of this Inuit when looking at the fashion image


Here some more images that I'm including simply because I think they're fantastic




I'm so in love with the grittiness of these images and would really like my final images to hold an element of grittiness like these images do.  
.......

Another image with antlers and fur, which is also very dark:


I definitely feel that in one of my final images, possibly my Fashion Editorial image, it must include some antlers and lots of fur. I'm going to move on to look at an Inuit's religion and their diet. I feel that the fact that the Inuit's main source of food is meat (vegetables are difficult to find and grow in such a cold environment), it must be communicated through one of my final images. An Inuit wouldn't just use the fur and antlers as warmth or decoration, it would have eaten the animal, I'm thinking of showing this in my final look by maybe making the lips look very bloody but I need to go onto experiment with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment